Give your children the family vacation of a lifetime. Lapa Rios provides families with the ideal environment to immerse themselves completely in some of the last remaining lowland tropical rainforests of Central America. Away from the distractions of phones, television, computers and the Internet, your children will be fully engaged with their surroundings and have myriad opportunities to see wildlife up-close, learn about sustainability and have so much fun they won’t want to go home. Click here for our complete Lapa Rios Family Package.
Please note: The minimum recommended age for children at Lapa Rios is 6-years old.
While staying at our eco lodge, your children will have the opportunity to:
- Swim under a secluded waterfall surrounded by lush tropical rainforest. Every child’s dream come true!
- Take a hike on our kid-friendly hiking trails throughout 1,000 acres of our private nature reserve where they may see monkeys, sloths, toucans, macaws, frogs and many other creatures of the rainforest. Specially prepared for our junior hikers, we have kid-sized Wellington-style boots and mini walking sticks available just for them!
- Participate in the Kids Rainforest Tour, on which nature guides will lead your family through primary and secondary forest and teach your kids the difference between the two.
- Get up close and personal with aquatic animals such as dolphins on our dolphin and whale watching tour with fish when you go snorkeling.
- Learn all about sustainability practices and meet our adorable pigs on the Twigs, Pigs and Garbage: Interpreting Sustainable Practices Tour.
- Enjoy high-energy activities such as surfing on a nearby beach (a ten-minute walk from Lapa Rios) or kayaking in the mangroves.
- Plant and name your very own baby tree in our volunteer rainforest.
By spending your next family vacation with us at Lapa Rios, your children will not only learn a great deal in a hands-on, breathtaking environment, but will also have fun doing so. Additionally, our restaurant offers a kid-friendly menu to suit the needs of even the pickiest eater! Contact us for a family vacation at Lapa Rios.
“The Notis Family had a wonderful time in Lapa Rios-we hiked and swam underneath a waterfall (all of us! Ages 8-43) and we all learned to surf and were able to stand on our surfboards. We saw so many animals and met lovely people-your brownies were very yummy as well! Thank you for the very special and memorable experience!”
– Bonnie, Correy, Max, Melissa and Alez Notis. New Jersey, USA
“The family adventure ends, and we leave with much sadness and even more admiration for the beauty of your land, the patience of your people, the pace of your world. Thank you for sharing it with us.”
– Steve, Robin, Mark, Adam and Nin Rodgers. Fairfield, Connecticut
“The Rapp family had an incredible stay at Lapa Rios. Good food, great surf, friendly and gracious staff, abundant wildlife. Ecotourism at its best.”
– Victoria, Ron, Otto and Hugo Rapp
“The Spiller Family from Los Angeles had a great time (although too short!). The food, the rooms, the staff and our daily wake-up calls complimentary of the howler monkeys were amazing and wonderful. Our kids loved it! We’ll be back…”
– Michael, Melanie, Henry and Beechie Spiller
“This is a really cool place. I love the wild waterfall. It’s awesome that you can see monkeys just outside your room. Go! It’s awesome!
– Caleb Shields, age 12
“We don’t want to leave the place. We really want to see the animals. The place is very nice. I like the pool. It was cool. I wish I could stay longer but my spring break is almost over and I have to go back to school. I hope more people come because it is very nice. Thank you.”
– Nina Rodgers, age 8.