RAINFOREST BUNGALOWS AT LAPA RIOS
Fall asleep to the lull of distant waves. Awake to the sunrise and the call of howler monkeys. Step outside your bungalow where a thermos of Costa Rican coffee is waiting for you. When you’re ready to make your way to the lodge for breakfast, you’re sure to be greeted by monkeys, toucans, macaws, sloths and other creatures of the rainforest on the path that leads to our restaurant, Brisa Azul.
Our 16 luxurious bungalows are nestled along a ridge in a 1000-acre our Rainforest Reserve. The bungalows are open-air with screens that allow you to experience the sounds, sights and smells of the rainforest and the ocean. All bungalows have ceiling fans (no air-conditioning) and offer stunning views of the Pacific Ocean or Golfo Dulce from your bed or your spacious, private decks.
Consider staying a minimum of four to five nights to enjoy all Lapa Rios has to offer and to take advantage of the tours and activities on property and in the magical Osa Peninsula. Our standard amenities for all 16 of our luxurious bungalows include:
- private outdoor deck with rain head shower, hammock and lounge chairs
- king size bed or two queen size beds (depending on bungalow) with 400-thread count, organic cotton linens
- ceiling fans (no air-conditioning necessary with fresh ocean breezes)
- two 110V electrical outlets (standard American outlets)
- spacious indoor bathrooms with two showers
- waffle cotton bathrobes
- locally made, biodegradable and organic soaps, lotions and shampoos
- computer-sized safety box
- complimentary local coffee delivered to your bungalow in the morning
- cleaning service twice a day
- evening turndown service (that will make you smile)
Life speaks a simple language here, offering a rare opportunity to unplug and embrace a different pace while enjoying your rainforest adventure. You may find that your cell phone works at Lapa Rios, but we encourage you to lock your devices in the safe for the duration of your say. With that in mind, please note that our bungalows do not include:
- Hair dryers
- Room service (food in rooms can attract animals)
Please note: Due to our fragile eco-system, we ask that you use our special Costa Rican biodegradable products provided or bring biodegradable soap, shampoo and conditioner.