Give your children the opportunity of a lifetime. Lapa Rios provides families with the ideal environment to immerse themselves completely in some of the last remaining lowland tropical rainforests of Central America. Away from the distractions of telephones, television, computers and the Internet, your children can see wildlife up close, learn about sustainability and have so much fun they won’t want to go home.
Please note: The minimum recommended age for children at Lapa Rios is 6-years old.
While staying here at our eco lodge, your children will have the opportunity to:
- Take a hike on our kid-friendly hiking trails throughout the 1,000 acres of the nature reserve where they may see monkeys, sloths, toucans, macaws, frogs and many other creatures of the rainforest. And for our junior hikers, we have kid-sized Wellington-style boots and mini walking sticks available just for them!
- Participate in the Kids Rainforest Tour, a hike specifically designed just for them. Our friendly nature guides will lead your family through primary and secondary forest and teach your kids the difference between the two.
- Get up close and personal with aquatic animals such as dolphins on our dolphin and whale watching tour, or fish when you go snorkeling.
- Learn all about sustainability and meet our pigs on the Twigs, Pigs and Garbage: Interpreting Sustainable Practices right here at Lapa Rios.
- Enjoy high-energy activities such as surfing on a nearby beach (a ten-minute walk from Lapa Rios) or kayaking in the mangroves.
- Plant and name a tree in our volunteer rainforest.
- Eat things they like—our chefs are happy to make a little personalized pizza or sandwich just for our little eaters off of our kid's menu while adults enjoy the local Costa Rican flavors and some wine!
Your children will not only learn in a hands-on, breathtaking environment, but will also have fun doing so. Additionally, our restaurant offers a kid-friendly menu to suit the needs of even the pickiest eater!