- Wake up to the howler monkeys call outside your ocean view bungalow.
- Go for a hike with one of our knowledgeable on site guides and finish up by refreshing yourself in the natural pools under a wild waterfall.
- Connect with Costa Rican culture while you visit the Carbonera School and play soccer with the local children during break.
- Savor delicious meals and incredible views of the Pacific at Las Brisas, our open-air restaurant.
- Learn about wildcats in the Osa Peninsula as you set up a camera trap in the rainforest with an experienced biologist.
- Unwind at the private outdoor shower of your bungalow’s deck while watching the scarlet macaws fly by.
- Go on our complimentary Twigs, Pigs and Garbage: Interpreting Sustainable Practicesto learn about Sustainability at Lapa Rios.
- Enjoy a once in a lifetime experience with a private three-course Waterfall Luncheon.
- Remember life without television, telephones, video games, Internet mobile phones.
- Disconnect, break your routine and return home feeling replenished, inspired and changed.
SUGGESTED 4 NIGHT PROGRAM
Day 1 Arrive to Puerto Jimenez airstrip where you will be greeted by the Lapa Rios Reservations staff. You will be guided to the Office where refreshment will be offered. After disconnecting with the outside world you are ready to continue the adventure in the rainforest in a bumpy and scenic road during 45 minutes.
When arriving to the Lodge you will be met by the Lodge’s Management who will guide you for the main facilities while explaining about Lapa Rios mission, vision and goals.
Rest your body and soul after a delicious lunch taking a nap in the hammock of your comfortable suitta thatched roof bungalow and get ready at 5:30 p.m. for the Night Walk hike. This tour gives you the opportunity to enjoy the magic rainforest during the night in a two hours hike where you will observe amazing creatures difficult to see during the day.
After the hike an exquisite three courses meal will be waiting for you, ending this way your first day at Lapa Rios.
Day 2 Wake up with the stunning sunrise behind the Golfo Dulce in front of your eyes. Sign up in the Reception the previous day in order to have fresh coffee in your room.
Have a delicious breakfast with tropical fruits and locally harvested ingredients before getting ready for the Wild Waterfall Hike starting at 9:00 a.m. Return to the Lodge just for lunch at 12:00.
Prepare your senses to take one hour of a therapeutic massage and join other guests afterward at Lapapalapa Bar for a tropical cocktails.
Day 3 Get ready with the sunrise for another day of adventure. If you would like to experience more about the nature kindness of the Osa Peninsula you might want to experience the Golfo Dulce Dolphin Tour and Caña Blanca. Have a light breakfast and leave Lapa Rios at 6:30 a.m. to Puerto Jimenez where the tour starts sighting for dolphins and other creatures, stop at Caña Blanca Wildlife Sanctuary and return to Lapa Rios at 1:00 p.m.
For the rest of the afternoon relax on the sun bed in your private balcony while hearing the toucans, macaws and sound of the waves and join us at the scenic Brisa Azul Restaurant for a glass of wine or cocktail before dinner.
Day 4 Have a cup of fresh coffee in your bungalow while absorbing the fresh breeze of the morning.
You might leave the fourth day of your stay at Lapa Rios to get immersed in the real rainforest. The Osa Trail hike leads you into the deep primary forest in the Lapa Rios private reserve. The tour departs Lapa Rios at 8:15 a.m. and returns at noon.
In the afternoon take time to relax in the fresh water pool with gorgeous scenarios.
Day 5 If you have a flight out of Puerto Jimenez at noon or in the afternoon, you might wake up early and take the Early Bird guided tour. This tour leaves at 5:30 a.m. and returns at 8:00 a.m. During the tour you will spot a wide variety of migrant and stationary colorful birds as in no other part in Costa Rica.