- Wake up to the howler monkeys call outside your ocean view bungalow.
- Go for a jungle hike through Lapa Rio’s private rainforest reserve with one of our knowledgeable on-site guides and finish up with a refreshing swim under a natural waterfall.
- Connect with Costa Rican culture while visiting the local Carbonera School and play soccer with the local children during break.
- Savor delicious meals and incredible panoramic views of the Pacific at Briza Azul, our award-winning gourmet open-air restaurant.
- Embark by propellor plane on a once-in-a-lifetime guided journey through Corcovado National Park, a world-famous park home to 2.5% of the world’s biodiversity and an unforgettable adventure experiencing the very best of Osa and Costa Rica.
- Unwind in a cozy hammock on of your bungalow’s deck while watching wild scarlet macaws fly by.
- Go on our complimentary Twigs, Pigs and Garbage: Interpreting Sustainable Practices to learn in-depth about the myriad sustainability initiatives taking place at Lapa Rios.
- Revel in an unforgettable experience with a private three-course Waterfall Luncheon, overlooking a gorgeous waterfall in the middle of the rainforest.
- Go on a romantic horseback riding tour along the secluded beach, taking in the stunning ocean views and observing local wildlife.
- Take a go at surfing on world-famous waves during a private lesson – standing guaranteed!
SUGGESTED 4 NIGHT PROGRAM
Day 1 Arrive to Puerto Jimenez airstrip where you will be greeted by the Lapa Rios Reservations staff. You will then be guided to the office where refreshment will be offered. After disconnecting with the outside world you are ready to continue the adventure in the rainforest in a bumpy and scenic road for 45 minutes.
Upon Arrival to the Lodge you will be met by the Lodge’s Management who will guide you for the main facilities while explaining about Lapa Rios mission, vision and goals.
Rest your body and soul after a delicious lunch by taking a nap in the hammock of your comfortable suitta thatched roof bungalow and get ready at 5:30 p.m. for the Night Walk hike. This tour gives you the opportunity to enjoy the magic rainforest by night on a two hour hike where you will observe amazing nocturnal creatures difficult to see during the day.
After the hike an exquisite three courses meal awaits you, the ideal way to end your first day at Lapa Rios.
Day 2 Wake up to the sounds of the ocean and wildlife alike against the backdrop of a stunning sunrise behind the Golfo Dulce. Take in these stunning views on your balcony, savoring a hot cup of organic Costa Rican coffee delivered right to your door.
Indulge in a delicious breakfast of fresh tropical fruits and hearty Costa Rican-inspired dishes before embarking on the Wild Waterfall Hike starting at 9:00 a.m. Return to the Lodge just for lunch at 12:00 pm.
Treat all of your senses with a one hour therapeutic massage overlooking the Pacific and join other guests afterward at Lapapalapa Bar for a refreshing tropical cocktail.
Day 3 Get ready bright and early with the 5 AM sunrise for another day of adventure! To experience the aquatic wonders of the Osa Peninsula, embark on the Golfo Dulce Dolphin Tour. Have a light breakfast and leave Lapa Rios at 6:30 a.m. to Puerto Jimenez, where the tour starts sighting for dolphins and other creatures and return to Lapa Rios at 1:00 p.m.
For the rest of the afternoon, relax on the sunbed on your private balcony while listening to the calls of the toucans, macaws and howler monkeys. After a breathtaking sunset, join us at the scenic Brisa Azul Restaurant for a glass of wine or a cocktail before another savory gourmet dinner.
Day 4 Start the morning right with a refreshing jog along a secluded beach or a sunrise yoga session on your balcony, taking in the salty fresh ocean breezes and wildlife surrounding you.
Cap off the last day of your stay at Lapa Rios with the popular Osa Trail hike, which leads you into the deep primary forest in the Lapa Rios private reserve. The tour departs Lapa Rios at 8:15 a.m. and returns at noon.
Take the afternoon slow with a relaxing swim in the fresh water pool, providing picture-perfect vistas of the Pacific and Golfo Dulce ideal for watching your final sunset.
Day 5 If you have a flight out of Puerto Jimenez at noon or in the afternoon, you might wake up early and take the Early Bird guided tour. This tour leaves at 5:30 a.m. and returns at 8:00 a.m. During the tour you will spot a wide variety of migrant and stationary colorful birds as in no other part in Costa Rica.
Bid farewell to all the friendly staff members you befriended, say goodbye to your favorite critters, and pray for the day you can return and experience once more the magic of Lapa Rios!