Why Visit Lapa Rios?
- Experience the rainforest at its prime.
- Tropical gourmet food, including local foods.
- 4 species of monkeys & Over 350 species of birds.
- Disconnect from the outside world.
- Swim in 80 - 85 degrees F Water.
- A cultural Experience - Get to know a local staff.
- Wonderful nature hikes.
- Great star scenery at night.
- It is a perfect time to slow down and observe nature. We call it
- No better time to enjoy spectacular views, and the smells and sounds of
- Emerge yourself into our warm and friendly atmosphere.
- Your chance to disconnect for a few days from TV, telephones and
- Great probabilities of seeing morpho butterflies, scarlet macaws, toucans
and four species of monkeys.
- A time to feed the "mind, body & spirit."
Top 10 ‘Do Not Miss’ Things To Do
- Wake up to the howler monkey’s call outside your ocean view bungalow.
- Go for a hike with one of our knowledgeable on site guides and finish up by refreshing yourself in the natural pools under a wild waterfall.
- Connect with Costa Rican Culture while you visit the Carbonera School and play soccer with the local children during break.
- Savor delicious meals served with an enthusiastic “buen provecho”.
- Learn about wildcats in the Osa Peninsula as you set up a camera trap in the rainforest with an experienced biologist.
- Unwind at the private outdoor shower of your bungalow’s deck while watching the Scarlet Macaws fly by.
- Go on our complimentary Pigs, Twigs and Garbage Tour and learn about Sustainability at Lapa Rios.
- Enjoy a once in a lifetime experience while you delight in a private three course Waterfall Luncheon.
- Experience the nighttime sounds of the rainforest while sleeping in a platform in the middle of our reserve.
- Disconnect, break your routine and depart feeling replenished, inspired and changed.
We have found that an increasing number of travelers today seek an experience that goes beyond the standard tourist vacation. As a guest at Lapa Rios, we invite you to have a truly unique and authentic Costa Rican experience and Experience, Learn, Connect and Relax.
Experience, Learn, Connect and Relax at Lapa Rios
Waking up to the sounds of howler monkeys in the morning.
- Bird watching at 5:35 a.m. on restaurant deck with telescope and binoculars as the sun comes up.
- Hanging out on bungalow deck watching birds and monkeys pass by.
- Looking out over restaurant deck at dusk enjoying a fresh, tropical fruit cocktail.
- Hiking through the Osa Trail dressed in jungle attire (boots and binoculars).
- Using the rainforest rain shower.
- Sleeping without a/c.
- Riding in the back of a pickup truck through the bumpy, muddy roads of Matapalo.
Ecology of the rain forest.
- Spanish classes with a member of our staff.
- Sustainability in our Twigs, Pigs and Garbage Tour.
- About local fruits and vegetables in the menu.
- Protection of the Osa Peninsula.
- Playing soccer with locals.
- Dancing at the bailes típicos.
- Planting a tree.
- Enjoying a typical juice with Doña Josefa in Ranchito.
- Making tortillas in the morning.
- Watching workers make Suiita roofs.
- By the pool with an amazing Osa Peninsula view.
- Lying on the hammock on your private deck.
- Having breakfast or lunch on the restaurant deck overlooking the ocean and the rainforest.