Here are some ideas on how to become part of sustainability when you travel:
- Research your travel destinations thoroughly. Choose places that make a difference to the natural environment and the region’s people.
- Engage in sustainable practices when on the road. Take all garbage with you; use public transport whenever possible; offset your carbon footprint with organizations such as Terrapass
- Participate in and contribute to our Osa environmental programs, the educational Building for the Future fund, and local cultural activities
- Support local artists by purchasing directly from small vendors and artisans
- Alert authorities to any environmental damage or poaching
- Support businesses where you live. Purchase and participate locally.
- Reward outstanding local service providers in wilderness settings.